Hello Bloggers and readers,
I decided to steal this from Erica Lynne (her blog can be found at http://waxingbeautiful.blogspot.com. Check it out!) It’s a simple tag about make up that I thought would be fun to do. I hope you guys enjoy it!
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I think about 17 when I started college. Yeah I was a late bloomer.
2. How did you get into makeup? It was slow at first. I just wanted to try some since I saw my mom and aunts wearing it all the time. I use to be quite minimalist when it came to make up…but around 21 I started to really get into make up and around 22 I started building my collection.
3. What are some of your favorite brands? Tokidoki, Hello Kitty, Wet ‘n Wild, NYX, and Shiseido.
4. What does makeup mean to you? Make up is a way for me to express myself as well as a way for me to connect with other people. I have met the most wonderful people through my make up love (thank you Beauty Broadcast family.) I love creating looks that show my personality as well as emphasize features about myself that I love.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? BE Mineral foundation, TKDK liquid eyeliner, Shiseido lasting lift mascara, and Hello Kitty Cream Blush in Blushing.
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup? It’s something that I can completely get lost in for hours just looking at colors and how to create looks and just play with. I am not always applying it on my face but I’m always look at my collection seeing how I can change it up and put new products together for a fun new look.
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high-end makeup? I think it’s really like anything else. You don’t have to pay a lot to get the very best but sometimes you have to put out more money to get something quality. I think every line has its hits and misses regardless of price range. I admit that I will pay more for Tokidoki, but I may not shell out the same amount of money for MAC. And sometimes I just go crazy with drugstore (like Wet ‘n Wild) that I may not be as willing to buy for another line.
8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? Take it slow. Make up is not about putting on everything in your cosmetic arsenal. Sometimes less is definitely more and it’s all about placement. Correctly placed concealer can be more beneficial to gaining the look you want than piling on foundation. Just a hint of black near the lash line can replace that strong smokey eye and still have the same alluring look. It’s really about where you put your product not the amount you put on.
9. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube? I think it’s definitely becoming more and more diverse as more girls are getting into make up. It really gives the viewers a diverse view of make up. But with this diversity comes a lot of negativity. I have noticed that as the beauty community grows, the number of negative viewers are also growing. I don’t quite understand it but I think if it’s popular-people are going to love and hate it.
10. What is one makeup trend you never understood? Hm…I’m not sure. I think all trends look fascinating in their own right. Even if I don’t try it myself I still enjoy seeing others try it. =D
Well those are all the questions, thank you for stopping by,